From the inventor: Welcome!
Meet John Resig, the developer that invented jQuery and now works as an engineer at Khan Academy.
Want to join the conversation?
- What was the motivation for John Resig to work in Khan Academy?(0 votes)
- Mr. Resig was compelled to work at KA because of its non-profit status and goal to educate the world. You can learn more in his blog post: https://johnresig.com/blog/next-steps-in-2011/(11 votes)
- I don't know which course I should take first.
1. HTML/JS: Making webpages interactive
2. HTML/JS: Making webpages interactive with jQuery
Also, is JS Library made by Kahnacademy (which means it is only used in Kahnacademy), or is it used worldwide?(0 votes)
- 1. jQuery should generally be learned once you know about HTML and JS first. In other words, the first option would be best.
2. It's used worldwide.(8 votes)
- He talked really fast, what did he say?(0 votes)
- On the page for this video under where it says "From the inventor: Welcome!" there is a tab that says "Transcript". The transcript contains a written version of everything he says.(4 votes)
- There are some course in Khan Academy:
1. Intro to JS: Drawing and Animation
2.HTML / JS: Making webpages interactive
3.HTML / JS: Making webpages interactive with Jquery .
Which course I should take first if i am the newbie ?(0 votes)
- I would suggest Intro to JS: Drawing and Animation.(2 votes)
- How many games do you have?(1 vote)
- How would you access data from other websites? (e.g. the Dow opening price for the geohashing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geohashing) algorithm I'm making)(1 vote)
- On KA, this is a bit hard because there are restrictions on what websites you can access. One (kinda terrible) idea might be to write a bot that updates a file on github (which can be accessed on KA as JS, so you could do some kind of JSONP thing). Other than asking KA for more access or doing it off KA, I can't think of much else. Anyway, in jQuery, the function you probably want depending on what you are doing is
You might be interested to know that Python has the geohashing algorithm built in to the standard library as an easter egg. If you
import antigravityit will open up http://xkcd.com/353/ in your webbrowser and also defines the function
antigravity.geohash. It doesn't look up the stock market price automatically though, you have to pass that in yourself.(0 votes)
- Is jQuerey the same as SQL?(1 vote)
- jQuery is to SQL as German is to English.
- @John Resig: How long did it take you to create the original jQuery library?(0 votes)
John answers the question here:
You can probably learn about that here:
- to do this course do I have to have completed the HTML/JS:Making webpages interactive course?(0 votes)
- There is no setting timers/stopwatches in jQuery. Why didn't you include that as well like how it was included in the DOM?(0 votes)