Hour of Code
- Welcome to our Hour of Code™!
- Learning coding on Khan Academy
- Making drawings with code
- Quick tip: number scrubbing
- Challenge: Simple snowman
- Drawing more shapes with code
- Challenge: Waving snowman
- Coloring with code
- Quick tip: color picking
- Challenge: Sunny snowy day
- Quick tip: Use the docs!
- Pick a drawing project!
- Project: Super snowman
- Project: Wild animal
- Project: Self portrait
- Code beyond the hour
Pick a drawing project!
Nice work completing all the challenges! Now that you've practiced the basics, a great way to keep practicing is to work on projects. We have three project ideas, pick the one that appeals to you, and work on it for as long as you can:
Project super snowman
Keep going with your snowman—add clothes, faces, props, a family, whatever you like!
Screenshot of a snowman drawing program
Draw a modern—or abstract!—portrait of yourself.
Screenshot of a self-portrait drawing program
Project wild animal
Draw your favorite animal or make up an entirely new animal.
Screenshot of an animal drawing program
Want to join the conversation?
- how do you bend a triangle?(85 votes)
- you may not try to bend a triangle, but add another shape on that triangle to achieve the bending, which should be more convenient.(5 votes)
- I think I found a way to make a triangle.
You can make the coordinates,
fill(255, 145, 0);
triangle(211, 123, 241, 141, 203, 130);
It should give you a small orange triangle if you have a snowman.(96 votes)
- Thank you for help.(6 votes)
- how do you make it look so real?(18 votes)
- You can add circles that are white. e.g, If I want to make my toucan's beak look realistic, I would add circles, stretch them a little and make them faded out a little. That should help. :)(16 votes)
- How do u bend a rectangle?(14 votes)
- I don't know how to bend a rectangle, but i believe you could get the same effect with an arc. If you use STROKECAP, you could make it so that the ends of the arc are flat. You could use other ways to make the arc thicker and other things. Hope this helped!!;)(5 votes)
- For a wild animal, do we have to make a penguin?(10 votes)
- You're free to choose any wild animal you like. :)(13 votes)
- How long exactly does it take to be able to code really good?(9 votes)
- It all depends on commitment. I’ve been coding for two years and only consider myself proficient. Green Ghost (I believe) was well known after just two or so years as a young legend.(12 votes)
- is there a way to make coding easier because im stressed out because i have to type so much code(8 votes)
- i would start off with a .bat program, look up how to create one!(8 votes)
- I don't know which animal to do any tips?(5 votes)
- You could try drawing a penguin, those are pretty easy and fun to code. Or maybe draw a fish in a fish bowl?(12 votes)
- do i have to do all 3 drawing projects or just 1(6 votes)
- As it says in the article, you can pick the one that appeals to you. Although you could do all three, if you want.(7 votes)
- Hello people of Khanacademy.org! I am making this comment to ask, "how do I make a Reuleaux triangle?" Thank you for taking your time to read this!(4 votes)