Pixar in a Box
- Start here!
- Looking at different resolutions
- Resolution challenge
- One dimensional noise
- One dimensional noise
- Perlin noise (1D)
- Multi-resolution noise
- Perlin noise (2D)
- Two dimensional noise
- Painting your dino skin
- Make your own dino skin 2
- Bonus Challenge
In this lesson we'll explore how Perlin noise is used to created organic looking patterns.
Ready to add more detail to your dino skin?
In this lesson we are going to learn how to use 2D curves and 3D surfaces to generate organic looking patterns for our skin (known as Perlin noise).
By the end of this lesson you'll be adding multiple resolutions of noise to your dinosaur skin to create all sorts of interesting Patterns.
Want to join the conversation?
- Would I be able to use this program as a reference to experience when I apply at Pixar?(12 votes)
- Perhaps, but you'd most likely have to follow it up with something more rigorous, like perhaps a college major in Computer Science or something of the sort.(13 votes)
- Are we going to add a sound when you say " you'll be adding multiple resolutions of noise " ?(3 votes)
- No. Noise here refers to the randomness that does not carry any information. See some of the excellent comments above about noise. Noise in this context does not mean sound.(7 votes)
- What are the environmental and economical concerns about having Pixar partner with Khan(5 votes)
- in a way, there are not a lot. but an economical concern would be that they are spreading profits. but khan making their main profits off of donations. will have to rely on pixar more if they wanted them to stay and they wanted to leave. point being if pixar doesn't enjoy the idea of this and want to walk away. there is nothing stopping them but contract.(1 vote)
- which animation software is used?(2 votes)
- can you do it in action films?(2 votes)
- you should ad a program so you can have the leg move BB : )(2 votes)
- Still, this last demonstration really doesn't look as authentic and as close to dino skin as I had hoped. I noticed that Arlo in The Good Dinosaur had round scales that seemed as if they were little pieces of spheres sticking out above the surface. This doesn't seem that complicated, so why are we not learning what they actually put in the movie?(1 vote)
- hi ummm that tiss all T^T(1 vote)
- 'Which lesson is this'(1 vote)
- where can u get these programs? im a really good artist and me and my dad want to start making our own movie's.(1 vote)
- I know a website and it shows the best animation software and where you can get them.
Here is the link: https://learn.g2.com/free-animation-software(1 vote)