Little Red Riding Hood talking to the Wolf on the forest path to Granny’s house.
How would you tell your own version of your favorite fairytale? There’s a lot we can learn about classic stories by writing different versions of them. What did the other characters think, and why was the villain bad? What if the story took place in a big city or in outer space? What happens after the characters live happily ever after? These are the kinds of questions we’ll be exploring in this unit.
In this unit, you will:
- See how we can make our own versions of classic stories
- Read new versions of fairytales
- Watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: How can we learn from a new point of view?
Want to join the conversation?
- What did the character like to eat?(19 votes)
- What is the story all about in the
- why are fairtales classic books(6 votes)
- Why does Red Riding Hood wear a hood?(4 votes)
- Little Red Riding Hood wears a hood because she is going on a trip outdoors, so the hood helps protect her from the weather.(7 votes)
- Why is Red Riding Hood called like this(8 votes)
- Why does Red Riding Hood wear a hood(6 votes)
- could represent the bright sun which is ultimately swallowed by the terrible night(1 vote)
- Why did she go to grandma house(7 votes)
- What if the Story took place in a big city or in outer space?(3 votes)
- Why red riding hood look much older and why the wolf on its four legs(2 votes)
- It could be a different version of the fairy tale than the one you've heard. Fairy tales were usually told orally, which allowed even what was once the exact same story to diverge and evolve into many separate storylines. I've heard Red Riding Hood stories where the Wolf eats both Red Riding Hood and her grandmother and the story ends, where a lumberjack cuts open and kills the wolf to save Red Riding Hood and her grandmother, and where the grandmother is stuffed into a closet instead of eaten. I'm sure there are lots more, and some of those tales probably have an older Red Riding Hood and a Wolf on four legs.(2 votes)
- why she in the woods?(2 votes)