Tightly packed, colorful houses and apartment buildings in an urban environment.
What comes to mind when you think of the word “house”? Is it the same as what you imagine when you think of the word “home”? In this unit, you will be learning all about different types of houses, and different ways that families come together to make those houses into homes.
In this unit, you will:
- Learn about different types of houses and how they change depending on where they are and what they are used for
- Read about a character that makes a home in a new place
- Find out how and why people live together in one home
- Watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts.
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: What makes a house a home?
Want to join the conversation?
- how many houses are there? I need to know.(9 votes)
- How many houses are in the world?(6 votes)
- My question is why is every home diffrent from another home/house? and also why are the houses/homes diffrent from another.(4 votes)