A puppy and a cat snuggling in the grass.
Have you ever had a pet, or made friends with someone else’s pet? Pets can help people who are lonely or stressed. Different kinds of pets have different qualities. For example, dogs are very loyal and will cheer you up, and rats are smart and learn things quickly. Each animal, of course, has a special personality too. In this unit, we’ll be reading and thinking about what makes the best kind of pet.
In this unit, you will:
- Compare qualities of different animals
- Learn how pets can be good companions
- Read different opinions on pets
- Watching videos to help you understand what good readers and writers do
- Reading and answering questions about literary and informational texts
- Learning new academic words
In order to answer the essential question: Which animal makes the best pet?
Want to join the conversation?
- why can't pets live longer.(18 votes)
- because they don't need to my mom said they don't need to because the point of life is to be the best you can be so there alread the best they can be(2 votes)
- How do they sense any trouble(14 votes)
- Most animals have far better senses of smell, sight, and hearing then we do, so they are able to detect many things we would normally miss.(10 votes)
- do you love cats(13 votes)
- why do pets eat different food?(11 votes)
- why do they help people that are lonely(9 votes)
- thank you everyone i have 28 votes for that i will vote evreyone but if you did not vote me plz do that so i am vote you thank you!!(8 votes)
- What is your favorite pet? My two favorite are dogs,and cats.(5 votes)
- how do rats learn so fast!(6 votes)
- Do all animal have the same personality!(5 votes)