Big History Project
- ACTIVITY: The Life of a Star
- ACTIVITY: Infographic —Life Cycles of the Stars
- WATCH: How Were Stars Formed?
- ACTIVITY: Vocab Tracking
- ACTIVITY: Threshold Card — Threshold 2 Stars Light Up
- WATCH: Threshold 2 — Stars Light Up
- ACTIVITY: This Threshold Today
- ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook
- READ: Gallery — Structure in the Universe
- READ: Gallery — Stars
- Quiz: How Were Stars Formed?
ACTIVITY: DQ Notebook
This activity, which you’ll see throughout the course, presents the driving question for the unit. The driving question exists to help you really focus on the big idea of the unit, and to help connect all the knowledge you are acquiring. You’ll revisit the driving question twice in every unit.
Download the Driving Question Notebook Worksheet for Unit 3. Respond to the unit driving question: How can looking at the same information from different perspectives pave the way for progress? in the first column of your worksheet. You’ll have to use prior knowledge and use logic to answer it the first time since this is the start of the unit. By the end of the unit when you answer the driving question again, you’ll have a lot more to contribute.