- Intro to creating worlds
- Thinking about the story of a land
- Exercise 1: Your own land
- The theme of a land
- Exercise 2: Theme
- Exercise 3: Layout
- Designing buildings for a land
- Exercise 4: Building design
- Exercise 5: Landscape and plant life design
- Exercise 6: Materials
- Exercise 7: Graphics and color
- Exercise 8: Sound design
- Taste and Smell
- Exercise 9: Design a menu
- Mood board
- Exercise 10: Mood board
Exercise 10: Mood board
Assemble all your reference materials to demonstrate your vision.
Exercise 10: Mood board
Here is an example of a mood board used during the development of Pandora: The World of Avatar. In this mood board notice how it captures the look and feel of the buildings, materials and plantlife in the land using sketches & images. It also contains colors which will be used throughout the land.
Activity 1: Create a mood board for your land by assembling all the references you’ve collected thus far (materials, buildings, colors...etc). Feel free to add additional images that help you visualize and feel the mood of your land. There are no “rules” to follow except the more references you can find the better. You can do this physically or virtually.
Activity 2: Present this mood board to a friend (or group) and tell them a few brief things about your land (such as the name, time period, the story, and theme). Ask them what other things come to mind when looking at your mood board. Then go back and make changes to your mood board until you are happy with the result.
Want to join the conversation?
- When do we get to create our own park an the computer.(19 votes)
- The question is can your computer handle it? Rendering in blender at 30fps requires a cpu clocked at 3.5ghz or higher and a gpu that is the equivelent to a Nvidia Geforce 2050ti.(4 votes)
- should the mood generate a feeling that the scene is trying to give off?(4 votes)
- Yes, the mood board should help stimulate a particular feeling or group of feelings which the land is intended to give to a guest.(5 votes)
- i hope those foods recipes and youtube music i could use for my theme park and the music from youtube would be acceptable(4 votes)
- hi, are the people that answer the Q's imaginaires are just random people(2 votes)
- Yes, I am but a mere student. But I am also an artist, so if you need any help with designing, drawing, anything artistic, I would be glad to help. I've been serious about art for 5 years now so I know a thing or two. ;)(1 vote)
- I don’t understand how do I draw a mood board(3 votes)
- You don't need to draw a mood board.You can make a digital one by using MS-Word.(1 vote)
- my mood board will help explain how my park can fit for children's learning needs(2 votes)
- This is so amazing to me, because Pandora is my second favorite land in Walt Disney World (my favorite being Adventureland in Magic Kingdom)! Pandora is so aesthetic and it's especially vibrant and immersive at night. I love to see how some things inspired the land, and which didn't make the cut.(2 votes)
- i do not Know what a mood board is(1 vote)
- it is the way you want the people to feel if you are still confused you can watch the video on mood boards(3 votes)
- My mood board has images of spy gadgets and my color scheme, which was listed above in Exercise #7, I think. My mood board also has images of futuristic skyscrapers, if this all makes sense.(2 votes)
- that is the second theme park and my first park theme is the United Kingdom and it goes like this it starts with a brief history of the judges and the last judge is Samuel and the people don't like how his sons are running the country so they ask for a king who then becomes King Saul and since he disobeyed the kingdom goes to King David whose lineage comes Jesus in the future and after David comes comes King Solomon the last king of the United Kingdom period(1 vote)