- Introduction to attraction design
- Story within attractions
- Exercise 1: Thrill and story
- Dark Rides
- Exercise 2: High concept
- Blue sky
- Exercise 3: Blue sky
- Exercise 4: Storyboards
- Pitching ideas
- Exercise 5: Pitching
- Ride systems
- Exercise 6: Choose your ride system
- Attraction layout
- Exercise 7: Paper layout
- Ride capacity
- Exercise 8: Ride simulator
- Scale models
- Exercise 9: Scale model
Exercise 3: Blue sky
Time to start brainstorming!
Exercise 3: Blue sky
Brainstorm with a partner or group as many ideas for your ride as possible (such as stories, scenes within stories or special effects within scenes). Don’t worry if you don’t know the whole ride at this point. The goal is to collect a bucket of pieces of ideas for what will become your ride.
Create a Brainstorming Board by writing each idea on a post it and arrange them on a board or wall so you can see all the ideas in one place, move them around, and add new ones.
Here are some tips from the video to keep in mind:
- No “good” or “bad” ideas
- Build on other ideas
- Don’t throw away ideas
- Relax and have fun!
Want to join the conversation?
- You have to escape an evil enchanted forest you are trapped in by all the disney villains and you are helped by different animal disney sidekicks.(26 votes)
- My licorice land would be scary, because the licorice man from candyland lives in the dark forest. I would have a swamp with licorice ropes that tighten around your boat. I think that would add a good element of surprise.(3 votes)
- A Virtual Reality simulator where you and a friend can choose who you would want to be in any of the Star Wars films. The controls for this VR would be embedded on a light saber which you use to fight (in Virtual Reality).
What do you think?(10 votes)
- i have seen your comments you seem like you like star wars(2 votes)
- A Cool Lighting Roller Coaster that can be pretty cool.(8 votes)
- you wanna see some real speed ill show you some real speeed(5 votes)
- a town of internet were you can buy phones,vr sets,ipads,all
the enetronic stuff for like(7 votes)
- A dark ride boat experience where all of the princesses have to save the world together.
Or a trackless ride of a picnic gone wrong with Minnie and mickey.
The theme is anyone can be the hero or always look on the bright side(9 votes)
- 1. you are stuck at the bottom of the ocean
2.A shark takes a bite out of your submarine
3. You start losing air but the current is moving you around
4. You see that fish/monsters are trying to eat you submarine
5. You end up seeing some amazing sights.
6. You end up on Magical Island.
7. you need a mechanical shark
8. mechanical other monsters
10. coral reefs
12. a bunch of trash(6 votes)
- The trash could be a cool element to design things with. Hey, what about mechanical monsters made of trash?(6 votes)
- I'm going to create a ride based on Yzma's lab in the emperor's new mood(5 votes)
- i still like my Bible park theme idea checks the sounds and smell and food menu lesson from chapter one to see my ideas still working one my first park idea of the united kingdom / divided kingdom of Isreal(4 votes)
- two teams ride in a boat were u the teams have to shoot water to the other one in some oportunityes in the ride(3 votes)
- A world of virtual reality and all of your favorite people and things.(3 votes)