- Introduction to character design
- Character types
- Exercise 1: Who is your character?
- Exercise 2: Costumes
- Character sheets
- Exercise 3: Character Sheet
- Exercise 4: Prototype armature
- Exercise 5: Digital armatures
- Controlling an animatronic character
- Exercise 6: Control
Recreate your skeleton design using a digital tool.
Exercise 5: Digital armatures
Activity: Your job is to use the digital tool (below) to recreate your armature design from the previous exercise and bring it to life with an actuator.
Here is a short video that will introduce you to the basic functions of the tool:
Now it’s your turn. Have fun creating your own digital actuated armature!
Want to join the conversation?
- I think we could use more detailed instruction on how this works. Working up a few more examples would be helpful.(11 votes)
- I can't get it to work even when i press animate and play.(7 votes)
- Dundundundun! Drumroll! After many tries and many errors, I've finally gotten an armature that actually moves!
It's got a few errors but it at least moves! I watched that video countless times and made sure I followed Tara's steps in some way and it paid off! Yipppeeee!!
I hope you guys get it right. Good luck!(4 votes)
- I literally can’t do anything it won’t put down a rod and I can’t select any of the nodes it just keeps placing them down.(2 votes)