- Introduction to character design
- Character types
- Exercise 1: Who is your character?
- Exercise 2: Costumes
- Character sheets
- Exercise 3: Character Sheet
- Exercise 4: Prototype armature
- Exercise 5: Digital armatures
- Controlling an animatronic character
- Exercise 6: Control
Introduction to our lesson on character design. Copyright The Walt Disney Company.
Want to join the conversation?
- How do you start out if you are trying to pursue this career?(4 votes)
- I would recommend that you pursue a degree in either art or computer software. Yes, it's not easy, but you'll get noticed at job fairs and lectures. Keep budging for an opportunity for experience, such as getting a part time job as a artist at a good company, and then getting experience at a computer software company. Always try to expand your portfolio with these types of experiences, because you'll be noticed more by an Imagineer. When your moment comes, don't hesitate! Take that step!(6 votes)
- this is where my expertise kicks in.(6 votes)
- Why should Characters make you feel something??(3 votes)
- I can create who I want right?(4 votes)
- ᔕ✟ I̷͙̻͉͓͓̘̥̰̦͐̍͌̎́͗̉̍̽t̶̙̦̮̖̥̦͇͍̓̄̃̆s̴͓̲͎̯̲̱̭̝̞̏̀͊͜S̶̙̓̋̉̒͂̽́̓͝h̵̲̬̞̪͒ạ̵̢̣̲̽̚̕͝d̶͔̺́͊̍ö̶̮͉̠̝̮̼̬̠́̊́́͌͂͠͠͝ẅ̷͉̼͇̪̯̗̎̿C̵̢̢̡͔̞͉̟͗͊́ö̶͈̟́̂̿̉͆m̴̳͎̈́̃̈̎͊̄͝ṁ̸̨͍̗̰͛̿̆̈́́̕͠͝ǫ̴̰̼͖̩͙͔̎̀̀͂̅͌̐̅̈́͝n̵͉̝̘̈́̽͋̕ ✟ᔕPosted 3 years ago. Direct link to ᔕ✟ I̷͙̻͉͓͓̘̥̰̦͐̍͌̎́͗̉̍̽t̶̙̦̮̖̥̦͇͍̓̄̃̆s̴͓̲͎̯̲̱̭̝̞̏̀͊͜S̶̙̓̋̉̒͂̽́̓͝h̵̲̬̞̪͒ạ̵̢̣̲̽̚̕͝d̶͔̺́͊̍ö̶̮͉̠̝̮̼̬̠́̊́́͌͂͠͠͝ẅ̷͉̼͇̪̯̗̎̿C̵̢̢̡͔̞͉̟͗͊́ö̶͈̟́̂̿̉͆m̴̳͎̈́̃̈̎͊̄͝ṁ̸̨͍̗̰͛̿̆̈́́̕͠͝ǫ̴̰̼͖̩͙͔̎̀̀͂̅͌̐̅̈́͝n̵͉̝̘̈́̽͋̕ ✟ᔕ's post “0:00 to 0:15 at the speed...”0:00to0:15at the speed 0.25(2 votes)
[Music] I don’t know, Jake. I still think Pirates of the Caribbean makes a lot more sense than Robots of the Caribbean. Yeah, I think so too Jake. What would you think about Davy Jones? That’s okay. I mean, a good character should make you feel something. Characters are super important in our theme park experience. They bring a land to life. You see them in stage shows, in parades, walking around, puppets, animatronic figures, the parks are full of all sorts. People come to Disney Parks to meet our characters. They are part of what makes a land distinctive and exciting to visit. It takes so many people from so many different disciplines to bring these characters to life. They’re artists, engineers, costume designers, animators, writers, and so many more. What character do you love? It’s not a trip to Disneyland unless I get to meet Buzz Lightyear. For me, it’s Mickey and Minnie. I feel like I’m a kid again when I meet them. So many possibilities. What kind of characters are the most compelling for your land? Who do you want your guests to meet? In the next Imagineering in a Box lesson, you’re gonna learn what it takes to bring Disney characters to life in our parks and even get the chance to create a compelling character all your own.