- Working jade
- Quarrying and carving marble
- Carving marble with traditional tools
- Casting bronze: lost-wax method
- Casting bronze: direct lost-wax casting
- Making a Spanish polychrome sculpture
- Making a Spanish polychrome sculpture: Saint Ginés de la Jara
- After the Fall: The Conservation of Tullio Lombardo's "Adam"
- Object Conservation - Salisbury Cross
- Contemporary Art Conservation at Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Museum
- Conservation: Cast of the Pórtico de la Gloria
- Conservation: The Nasrid plasterwork collection at the V&A
- Conservation: Playing Tipu’s Tiger
- Conservation: The Wolsey Angels
The Lombardo's sculpture "After the Fall" depicts Adam and Eve's expulsion from Eden. It's a powerful piece that captures the raw emotion of the moment. The artist's use of marble and intricate carving techniques bring the scene to life, making it a significant work in art history.
Want to join the conversation?
- So the statue they broke on purpose to repair the adam statue was just a reproduction, correct? It wouldn't make sense to break one work of art, just to repair another.(4 votes)