3rd grade foundations (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
Measuring lengths with different units
Sal uses different units to measure the same object.
Want to join the conversation?
- what is the differents with centermiters and meters(6 votes)
- centimeters is shorter than meters. If you also know some conversions, one meter equals one hundred centimeters because centi means a hundred! ♥(2 votes)
- why do they have to be rectangles(5 votes)
- Why do i need to ask a question for the video??(4 votes)
- how many kilometers are in a meter(3 votes)
- Meters goes into kilometers, but there is 0.001 kilometers in a meter.(2 votes)
- Why isn't the line not four inches(3 votes)
- 10000000000000000000000000000+2000000000000000000=30000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000(1 vote)
- Why do people use inch,centimeter,of lenght?(2 votes)
- Different countries use different measure. The U.S. uses inches.(1 vote)
- the rectangle is longer than the green line(2 votes)
- at0:05you where laughing but why(2 votes)
- I think it was pretty obvious that it was a rectangle without saying that it was a rectangle. It was obvious.(1 vote)
- Jacob has 5 bags of chips but he does not know how long it is,each bag of chips are 50 centermeters(2 votes)
- What happens when the number doesn't line up to the other answer?(1 vote)
- This is a rectangle. And yes, this is a rectangle. Let's measure the green line below using both rectangles and a centimeter ruler. So, we have this green line and we're going to measure it in terms of rectangles and we're going to measure it on this ruler. And you immediately see the green line is equal to one rectangle long, but if we measure it in centimeters it's equal to six centimeters long. So we can say the line is one rectangle long, but it's six centimeters long and that makes sense because the rectangle is much more than a centimeter. Actually, the length of a rectangle is six centimeters. So, the length of a rectangle is longer than a centimeter. You see that. This is the length of the rectangle, it's the same as the line, while centimeter is this length. The rectangle is actually six centimeters long. So it takes blank rectangles, than centimeters, to measure the line. Well, since the rectangle is longer, it takes fewer rectangles than centimeters to measure the line. So it's fewer rectangles than centimeters and you see that. Fewer rectangles, one is fewer than six. It took one, it only took one rectangle to measure the line because a rectangle's so long and it took six centimeters to measure the line. So it took fewer rectangles than centimeters to measure the line. Let's keep going. Alright, so we have. This is a rectangle. Yes, that is a rectangle. Let's measure the blue line below using both a rectangle and a centimeter ruler. So it's a similar idea. So, when we look at this blue line, the line is now two of these green rectangles long. So it is two rectangles long. Now, in terms of centimeters, it is four, four centimeters long. Four centimeters long. The length of each rectangle is blank than a centimeter. Well, each rectangle is more than a centimeter. It's longer. You see, each rectangle is actually two centimeters. So, it's longer than a centimeter. So it takes blank rectangles than centimeters to measure the line. Well, since each rectangle is longer, it's going to take fewer rectangles to measure the line. So we'll select fewer right over there and you see that over here. It only took two rectangles to measure the line, but it took four centimeters. Two is fewer than four. Let's see. Let's do one more of these. These are a lot of fun. Alright, this is a rectangle. Let's measure the green line below. Same idea. The line is four rectangles long. The line is seven centimeters long. The length of each rectangle is shorter, sorry, longer than a centimeter. You see that right here. Each rectangle is more than one centimeter. So it takes fewer rectangles than centimeters to measure the line. So, we've seen this, we've seen this multiple times.