4th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
- Comparing with multiplication: magic
- Compare with multiplication word problems
- Comparing with multiplication and addition: money
- Area & perimeter word problem: table
- Area & perimeter word problem: dog pen
- Comparing areas word problem
- Represent rectangle measurements
- Area & perimeter of rectangles word problems
- Area and perimeter situations
Sal solves a multiplication comparison word problem with Harry Potter characters. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- what is the fastest way to get energy points(8 votes)
- can someone explain why they did it in a harder and longer way then just doing it quick and easy you could have just done 7x5 and you would get 35 and you know it would be 7(7 votes)
- why did you say the same word twice(4 votes)
- When we learn a harder division how can this even help?!(4 votes)
- i wonder how bad you'd have to be at math to not understand this easiness i am in the second grade and this stuff it incradibly esaly(4 votes)
- oh my gosh this can be explaned so simply but they make it sound complocated.and WHAT MaGiC??(1 vote)
Ron and Hermione are practicing lifting feathers into the air with magic. Hermione can lift a feather 35 feet into the air, which is 5 times as high as Ron can lift a feather. How high can Ron lift a feather with his magic? So Hermione, this 35 feet is 5 times more than Ron. So to figure out what Ron can do, we just take what Hermione can do and divide by 5. So what's 35 divided by 5? Well, 5 times 7 is 35. So 35 divided by 5 is 7. So Ron can lift a feather 7 feet in the air. So let's check our answer. Now, if you have trouble with this-- and we could also look at the hints for this. So they show that Hermione can lift a feather 35 feet, which is 5 times higher than Ron. So this could be the length of how high Ron can raise it. And so, if you were to actually divide 35 into 5 equal sections, so 5 times question mark is 35, that's the same thing as saying 35 divided by 5 is question mark. And 35 divided by 5 is indeed 7.