4th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY)
Course: 4th grade (Eureka Math/EngageNY) > Unit 5Lesson 7: Topic G: Repeated addition of fractions as multiplication
- Multiplying fractions and whole numbers visually
- Equivalent fraction and whole number multiplication problems
- Multiply fractions and whole numbers
- Multiply fractions and whole numbers with fraction models
- Equivalent whole number and fraction multiplication expressions
- Multiplying fractions word problem: movies
- Multiplying fractions word problem: milk
- Multiplying fractions by whole numbers word problem
- Multiply fractions and whole numbers word problems
- Interpret multiplying fraction and whole number word problems
- Multiply fractions and whole numbers on the number line
- Multiply mixed numbers and whole numbers
Multiplying fractions word problem: milk
Sal solves a multiplication fraction word problem about milk. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- how is 6/1 = to 6(0 votes)
- because 1/1 is equal to 1 whole so 6/1 is equal to 6(8 votes)
- what does energy points mean(0 votes)
- Energy Points are points you earn for working on assignments and/or goals in Khan Academy. Hope this helps! :)(9 votes)
- I got confused about something about halfway through. How exactly does 20/5 equal 4??(1 vote)
- 20 ÷ 5 = 4. If the fraction is improper check if you can divided the numerator by the denominator.
Happy to help!(5 votes)
- do you now Wikipidea.(3 votes)
- So sal loves milk so HE WANTS TO LEAVE USS(2 votes)
- what does energy points mean(0 votes)
- An energy point is something you earn when you complete a lesson, test, or watch a video. The more energy points you have, the better avatars you get. For example, my avatar is a level four Duskpin. You need to have a total of 100,000 energy points. You don't need to buy the avatars because Khan Academy just unlocks the available avatars immediately. You can also earn badges by accumulating a specific amount of energy points. That is basically my summary of energy points, and if I put anything that is incorrect, please tell me!(4 votes)
- I still don't get it
What do you meen(1 vote)
- dora is evrey where(1 vote)
If there are 6 people in your family, and each person drinks 4/5 of a gallon of milk each month, between what two whole numbers is the number of gallons of milk your family will drink each month? So let's think about this a little bit. So I've got my milk gallon here for inspiration. So there's 6 people in my family, or in your family, whoever's family we're talking about. And each of them drink 4/5 of a gallon per month. So we're going to go 6 times 4/5, or 4/5 times 6. Now, what is this going to be equal to? Well, there are several ways we could think about this. One, we can express 6 as a fraction. We could say that this is the same thing as 6/1 times 4/5. And you multiply the numerators. You multiply the denominators. 6 times 4 is 24. And 1 times 5 is 5. So 24/5 gallons are going to be drunk every month. And this is the same thing-- let's see, 5 goes into 20 evenly and has a remainder of 4. So we could write this as 20/5 plus 4/5 5-- let me move over a little bit so I don't run out of space, which is the same thing. This is 4. So this is 4 and 4/5. So that's one way to think about it. The other way, you could think of this as 4/5 times 6, which is the same thing as 4/5 plus 4/5 plus 4/5-- I think you get the idea-- plus 4/5 plus 4/5 plus 4/5. We took literally six 4/5's and added them together. And what's this going to be equal to? Well, this is going to be 4 plus 4 plus 4 plus 4 plus 4 plus 4 over 5. This is how many 1/5's we have. Well, this is 6 times 4, or you could say 4 times 6, over 5, which is equal to 24 over 5, which we've already figured out is 4 and 4/5. So either way, we're going to drink 4 and 4/5 gallons per month. Now let's try to answer the actual question. Between what two whole numbers? Well, between 4 and 5 gallons a month. 4 and 4/5 is right in between 4 and 5. We got it right.