Choose and calculate an appropriate unit rate for comparing 3 ratios in context. Order them from least to greatest. Interpret that information in context.
Want to join the conversation?
- is 25% the same thing as 1/4(1 vote)
- yes! think about it like this, 25 cents is 1/4 of a dollar. because 25+25+25+25= 100, or 25x4= 100! <3(10 votes)
- I am dreadfully confused... Does anyone know a simpler way of doing this?(2 votes)
- Equivalent rates can be used to compare different sets of quantities that have the same value. A rate that compares a quantity to one is called a unit rate. The unit rate has a denominator equal to one when written as a fraction. Unit rates can be used to find larger equivalent rates.(14 votes)
- When Sal divided 100/12, how did he get 8 1/3?(4 votes)
- So 12 times 8 would be equal to a total of 96. It can’t be any larger, or it wouldn’t fit in the amount of 100. The remainder that you get after that would be 4. However, since the denominator is 12, you would get 4/12, which is equal to 1/3. That gives you 8 1/3.(8 votes)
- how is 8 larger than 8 1/3?(2 votes)
- I have to say... the problem is a little vague with it's wording. They seem to be ordering the tanks based on the number of fish in the tank, but doing it by looking at the rates: liters of water per fish. In this situation, the more water needed for 1 fish means the fewer fish you can put in that tank.
Thus: 8 1/3 liters / fish has more water than 8 liters / fish. Thus there are fewer fish in the tank with the 8 1/3 liters / fish.
Hope this helps.(9 votes)
- Does it matter which order you write it in?(2 votes)
- Why is this so easy to me?(3 votes)
- How is 8 bigger than 8 1/3(3 votes)
- Sal made a mistake at2:53when he said 8 is the greatest, but at3:09Sal puts B(8 1/3) as the most. Sal just misspoke and accidentally said 8 is the greatest instead of 8 1/3.(2 votes)
- sal you said that A was the greatest in2:52but you said that B was the greatest in3:04(3 votes)
- Sal made a mistake at2:52but at the bottom caption, it says. "tank A is the greatest" but meant "Tank B is the greatest".(1 vote)