Arithmetic (all content)
Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- when you do 1 whole it is 2/2 shaded any color this doesn't make sense(7 votes)
- I'm not understand what you're confused about. 2/2 is the same as 1.
What are you confused about?(5 votes)
- What are simplified fractions(3 votes)
- Simplified fractions are another form of an improper fraction to be in. It is simply putting a fraction like 6/4 into 1 1/2.
Ex. improper.. 12/3 or 9/2 or 15/7 transforms into-
a simplified fraction... 4 or 4 1/2 or 2 1/7(5 votes)
- do you guy that dont under stand show how many people are you say 123456789 and show your selves(2 votes)
- at6:08I want to now how to solve a real fraction equation(2 votes)
- it helping me alot and i am getting better at it(1 vote)
- Yay! I am happy the program is helping you. If you have any questions just type them up and I am happy to answer them. :-)(2 votes)
- On the test I took there were 2 figures and not 1. In the video there was only 1 shape and I do not know how to figure out 2 shapes.(1 vote)
- To do so if one shape is whole you put 1. If the second shape has some parts shaded, you make the fraction.
Say you have two circles cut into fourths, one having all fourths highlighted and the other just two. The first one will have a 1 and the other one will be written as 2/4. Hence the answer is 1 2/4(2 votes)
- How do you divide fractions I don't don't know how(1 vote)
- When you must divide a fraction do this very simple action flip what you're dividing by, then it's easy, MULTIPLY! A poem I learned a long time ago in school. You just flip the numerator and the denominator. Ex is 3/4 becomes 4/3. You must remember to only do this to whatever you are dividing by. Leave the other fraction alone. Then, multiply the fractions.(1 vote)
- [Voiceover] What fraction of the circle is shaded red? So let's see, this circle is divided into one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight equal parts, and of those eight equal parts seven are shaded red. So, we can say that seven out of eight are shaded red, and this isn't how we traditionally seen fraction when we've written them. When we've written them we've written it like this. We have written seven over eight are shaded red. And actually, let me do it in that color, oh, I don't have that exact, let me get closer to an actual red color. So, we could literally say seven out of, and then we need like a grey color was, was the non-shaded. Seven out of a total eight are shaded red. Are shaded red, that's how we're used to seeing it, but sometimes, or usually when we type it in there's no way to write the seven over the eight, so instead, instead we write seven over eight. Over eight are shaded red, or seven out of eight. So, let's do that. Go back to what we we're doing. So, seven out of eight are shaded red. Let's check our answer. Let's do two more of these. What fraction of the bar is shaded red? So, the bar has one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine equal sections, and eight of them are shaded red. So, we can say that eight out of nine are shaded red, or eight-ninths, or eight over nine. Let's do one more. What fraction of this circle is shaded red? So, we have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine equal sections. Did I count that right? Let me count again. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine equal sections, and of those one, two, three, four, five, six, seven are shaded red. So, seven out of nine, or seven-ninths are shaded red.