Arithmetic (all content)
- Multiplying positive & negative numbers
- Multiplying numbers with different signs
- Why a negative times a negative makes sense
- Signs of expressions
- Dividing positive and negative numbers
- Multiplying and dividing negative numbers
- Multiplying negative numbers
- Why a negative times a negative is a positive
- Simplifying complex fractions
- Simplify complex fractions
- Multiplying negative numbers review
- Dividing negative numbers review
Review the basic of multiplying negative numbers and try some practice problems.
Want to learn more about multiplying negative numbers? Check out this video.
Want to know why multiplying two negative numbers equals a positive number? Check out this video.
Want to try some more multiplying negative numbers problems? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- Why are multiplying and dividing negatives the same?(65 votes)
- Multiplying and dividing negatives are the same because there is no difference between those sides of zero except the side of zero. So, when you multiply or divide negatives, you are basically multiplying positives with minus signs behind them. Don't forget that the product of 2 negative numbers is always a positive.(3 votes)
- why do people use . ( dot symbol) instead of x. if x is used common in algebra why did they put x in multiplication?(15 votes)
- X is a simpler way of teaching kids. Little kids might think they’re smarter than they really are and think that it’s a decimal point. As you get older, you realize the difference between this sign and a decimal point. Hope this helped!(12 votes)
- am i the only chinese people on this website(17 votes)
- Bad grammar though, it's suppose to be "Am I the only Chinese on this website?"The answer is no, I am also a Chinese.(4 votes)
- Why does the negative cancel out in neg / neg and neg * neg?(11 votes)
- Because you are adding to it's self making a positive, with integers you always do the inverse operation well let me not say always for certain operations.(4 votes)
- Hey guys. Is a positive+Positive+Negative and Negative or Positive?(7 votes)
- Depends. if positive + positive is more than the negative it positive ex. 6+4+-5=5 if positive + positive is less than the negative the answer is negative ex. 5+4+-10=-1.(8 votes)
- Why do we need letter in math? I know why we need fractions but why letter. Why cant it give us a problem like, The candy cost 10.00 but the sign says 5% off. Why do we need letters for a simple problem?(11 votes)
- what if the first number is one and the negative number is -100(7 votes)
- if it is 1 dived by -100 then you take 1 divide it by onehundred and get -0.001. If you are multiplying 1 times -100 then you take 1 times -100, set this up so that would be -100 because there is still a negitive sign.(7 votes)