Review decimal place value, and try some practice problems.
Place value chart
can be placed on a place value chart as follows:
Decimal place value
The first digit after the decimal represents the tenths place. The next digit after the decimal represents the hundredths place. The remaining digits continue to fill in the place values until there are no digits left.
is made up of tenths and hundredth.
We can also write this as:
Or we can use a place value chart:
Want to learn more about decimal place value? Check out this video.
Want to review whole number place value? Check out this article.
Want to join the conversation?
- who created decimals?(189 votes)
- can you get points for doing good work
- Do you mean Khan Academy's energy points? If so, yes! You'll get energy points for doing practice problems and watching videos. :)(54 votes)
- when was decimals first used in history?🤔(16 votes)
- 4th Century BC
The first decimal system was introduced in the 4th Century BC by the Sumerians of Mesopotamia, to whom the invention of writing is credited. They based their numerical system on powers of 60 subdivided into multiples of 10.(38 votes)
- why are decimals called decimals and also how were numbers made?(11 votes)
- numbers were made in the pristoric times when people used them in the caves on the wall and desimals were made in china and then it got to the middle east and then boom here we are doing desimals(7 votes)
- Is it possible for you to make the Math easier?(12 votes)
- i dont under stand(9 votes)
- how can i add decimals(4 votes)
- im confused can you help me(4 votes)
- If you need any help this will help,
The place value chart includes decimals which means that .02 is the same as 2 cents.
and if we did 3.4 that could be 3 dollars and 4 cents do you get it now?(2 votes)