Review writing decimals in expanded form, and try some practice problems.
Expanded form is a way to write numbers by adding the value of its digits.
We can use a place value chart to think of the value of a number's digit.
in expanded form.
Want to learn more about expanded form? Check out this video.
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- do you guys like lemonade(210 votes)
- well, it depends on the lemon and in what format e.g., q " do you like the taste of lemon fruit " witch if you are asking taste then my answer is yes(24 votes)
- I like that there are videos before you get started(88 votes)
- honestly who created math(62 votes)
- Why are decimals so hard? I mean I get all the practice and they just seem so hard once I do them.(26 votes)
- Sometimes the concepts give us fits and are hard to understand. You just need to keep practicing, and then before too long you'll have that "AHA" moment where it will all make sense.
Sometimes I recommend using money to work with decimals. After all, $3.95 and $79.50 are decimals, and if you practice adding money (two items at $3.95), how much will your bill be? If you practice subtracting money (something costs $9.37 and you give a $10.00 bill, how much change will you get)
Keep at it. You can do it!!(88 votes)
- I don't understand the practice for Decimals in expanded form, Can someone help(25 votes)
- Basically in a decimal, there are 4 places,
ones. tenths | hundredths | thousandths
so for example here is a decimal, 4.209
4, is in the ones place
2, is in the tenths place
0, is in the hundredths place
9, is in the thousandths place.
So expanded form is just add the ones, tenths, hundredths, and thousandths place together
We have our decimal 4.209,
so the expanded form is 4 + 0.2 + 0.00 0.009(40 votes)
- How do you do this assignment? I need help. These assignment are hard. Therefore, I can't do them. Oh wait! My assignments are starting to get really easy! Thanks for the help, Khanacademy.com.(36 votes)
- Why did math became so popluar(19 votes)
- i don't understand (8x1000)+(6x100)+(2x10)+(4x1+(3x1/100)(13 votes)
- You do all the things in () first before adding them all together. Your question's answer is 8,624.03(19 votes)
- my "Decimals in expanded from" doesn't work so it put me here.😅(20 votes)
- I like doing math even though that I'm bad at it(16 votes)