Sal solves a multiplication comparison word problem with Harry Potter characters. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- put an upvote if you like farming energy points by watching videos(23 votes)
- what is the fastest way to get energy points(16 votes)
- At2:00. What a difficult lenguaje. I'm from Catalonia and I'm losed. Can enybody explain what is he expleining?(8 votes)
- Ferran, el senor pregunta que si Hermione puede levantar un plumaje de aves Treinta y Cinco pies en el aire, y lo levanta Cinco veces mas alto de lo que Ron lo levanta, cuanto mas lo levanta? Bueno la respuesta seria 7, porque cinco multiplcado por siete es treinta y cinco. Buena suerte Ferran con sus estudios.(6 votes)
- can't we say 5 times 7 = 35(9 votes)
- oh my gosh this can be explaned so simply but they make it sound complocated.and WHAT MaGiC??(6 votes)
- why did you say the same word twice(6 votes)
Ron and Hermione are practicing lifting feathers into the air with magic. Hermione can lift a feather 35 feet into the air, which is 5 times as high as Ron can lift a feather. How high can Ron lift a feather with his magic? So Hermione, this 35 feet is 5 times more than Ron. So to figure out what Ron can do, we just take what Hermione can do and divide by 5. So what's 35 divided by 5? Well, 5 times 7 is 35. So 35 divided by 5 is 7. So Ron can lift a feather 7 feet in the air. So let's check our answer. Now, if you have trouble with this-- and we could also look at the hints for this. So they show that Hermione can lift a feather 35 feet, which is 5 times higher than Ron. So this could be the length of how high Ron can raise it. And so, if you were to actually divide 35 into 5 equal sections, so 5 times question mark is 35, that's the same thing as saying 35 divided by 5 is question mark. And 35 divided by 5 is indeed 7.