Learn how to square basic numbers and make a connection between squaring and the area of a square.
Let's start by taking a look at an example evaluating squared:
Here's a question to make sure you got that:
What does it mean to square a number?
Connection to a square
Finding (read as "three squared") is the same as finding the area of a square with side length :
Want to join the conversation?
- what is 5 to the third power(69 votes)
- well, to the power means the number, times itself, however many times the power is. for example,
2 to the fourth power would be 16. because 2 times two is four, that times two is eight, eight times two is sixteen. 2*2*2*2. so five to the three would be 5*5*5. I bet you can find the answer from there.(110 votes)
- Can We Negative Square Num.? If yes, How?(40 votes)
- Yes, we can use in imaginary numbers, where (-1)²=i , I think you're gonna see it at the pre-cauculus subject.(28 votes)
- Good Luck guys I am hope you do well(24 votes)
- thanks but I'm just here to answer peoples questions(5 votes)
- what if 6x6x6x9=?(17 votes)
- 6 x 6 x 6 x 9 = 6^3 x 9 = 1944(15 votes)
- What is imaginary numbers?(8 votes)
- Good question! In the real number system, it is not possible to find the square root of a negative number, since no real number times itself is negative. This is because 0 times itself is 0, a negative number times itself is positive, and a positive number times itself is positive.
To get around this problem, mathematicians invented the imaginary unit i, defined as the square root of -1. This produces an extended number system called the complex numbers, defined as numbers in the form a+bi where a and b are real numbers. For example, 8, 3 - 2i, and 5i are complex numbers. Also, 5i is an example of what is called a pure imaginary number, because 5i is just a real number times i.
Have a blessed, wonderful day!(16 votes)
- 5^3 = 125
5 x 5 x 5 = 125(13 votes)
- why do we need alphebat letter for math and why can we use them today or in the future(3 votes)
- Nice question!
Alphabet letters like x or y, fill in the missing space.
This is an easy problem: 3 + x = 12
You can see the x substitutes for the blank! When you have a missing piece in your math problem like that, you can put a letter in it to help. Once you get the answer though, make sure to get rid of the letter unless it’s needed for the problem.
Hope this helps ^-^(7 votes)
- can7 to the power of 1 be possibale?(3 votes)
- Yes, but it would just be seven, as 7^1 is just 7*1.(4 votes)
- what if 5 to the 10th power(3 votes)
- 5 to the 10th power is like multiplying 5 10 times.
5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5= 9765625(1 vote)
- What 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 x 5=?(3 votes)