- Visually dividing a whole number by a decimal
- Dividing a whole number by a decimal on a number line
- Divide whole numbers by decimals visually
- Division strategies for decimal quotients
- Dividing whole numbers by decimals examples
- Divide whole numbers by decimals
Visually dividing a whole number by a decimal
Want to join the conversation?
- um.. when sal does it his way it makes sense but isn't the answer always supposed to be less than the thing u r dividing?(12 votes)
- How do you add the fractions if you have different denominators?(3 votes)
- You can find a common no. between both denominators, multiply them (with the numerator) and then add!(3 votes)
- How does this even work? I have been stuck and rewatching this video multiple times.(2 votes)
- Look, it’s pretty simple. Think of three as three hundredths. Now divide three hundredths into 75 hundredths. What did you get? That’s right, it’s 4. You don’t need to draw pictures for this.(5 votes)
- How can y'all do this(3 votes)
- 0:00- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to see0:01if we can compute what three divided by 0.75 is equal to,0:11and I'll give you a little bit of a hint0:12before I tell you to pause the video.0:14So let's imagine three wholes right over here,0:19and what if we were to think of these three wholes,0:22these three ones, and what if we were to0:24think about them in terms of hundredths?0:26Well then we could, once we express these as hundredths,0:30we could say, well how many groups of 75 hundredths(3 votes)
- what is 8 dived by 0.8(2 votes)
- he makes sense its just...I don't get what he is trying to explain.
(vote this)(2 votes)
- what is it saying...(2 votes)
- Very Understandable 😄(2 votes)
- This is easy but how would you do this in a more complicated matter(1 vote)
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to see if we can compute what three divided by 0.75 is equal to, and I'll give you a little bit of a hint before I tell you to pause the video. So let's imagine three wholes right over here, and what if we were to think of these three wholes, these three ones, and what if we were to think about them in terms of hundredths? Well then we could, once we express these as hundredths, we could say, well how many groups of 75 hundredths can we divide this into? How many equal groups of 75 hundredths? To help you think about that, here's a little bit of a visualization where three is divided into equal groups of 75 hundredths. So pause this video and use what I have, this little visual here, as a big hint to figure out what three divided by 75/100 is. All right, now let's do it together. So as I said, we started with three ones, or three wholes, however you want to think about it, and you could divide division by 75/100 as saying, well how many equal groups of 75 hundredths can you divide these three wholes into? And so we thought about these three wholes in terms of hundredths, and the way it's been color coded, it actually has already been divided into four equal groups of 75 hundredths. You can count these, so this is 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and then five hundredths. So this right over here, this is one group of 75 hundredths. Then in green you have another group of 75 hundredths. So you have 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, and then 75, so that right over, let me use a color I can see. This right over here is our second group. This is our first group right over there. Then that's our third group, these are all equal groups of 75 hundredths, and that's our fourth equal group of 75 hundredths in the green again. So how many equal groups of 75 hundredths can you divide three wholes into? Well, clearly it is equal to four.