Coordinate plane word problems practice (quadrant 1)
Practice some more challenging quadrant 1 coordinate plane word problems.
Reading coordinate planes
Coach Kawa collected data on of his baseball players. The points show shoe size and the number of runs scored this week by the players.
A coordinate grid with the x-axis labeled Shoe size and the y-axis labeled Runs. The x-axis and y-axis are marked every 1 units. The grid has plotted points at (4,10) labeled Jason, (5,5) labeled Paulo, (7,9) labeled Nardine, (10,11) labeled Carmen, and (11,4) labeled Rebecca.
Which player scored the most runs?
Coordinate planes as maps
Lyn graphed the locations of several places on her school playground on the coordinate plane shown below. There is also a water fountain halfway between the slide and the rope climb.
At what coordinates should Lyn graph the water fountain?
A coordinate grid with 7 points. The Carousel is plotted 2 units up from the origin on the y-axis. The Monkey bars are plotted 2 units to the right and 7 units up from the origin. The Rope climb is plotted 4 units to the right and 5 units up from the origin, the Slide is plotted 4 units to the right and 9 units up from the origin. The Jungle gym is plotted 7 units to the right and 6 units up from the origin. The Seesaw is 8 units to the right and 2 units up from the origin. The Swings are plotted 9 units to the right and 4 units up from the origin.
Locate points in quadrant I
For Halloween, Nana makes bags with orange and black candies for her grandchildren. The points show how many orange candies and how many black candies are in of the bags.
The fifth bag has more orange candies than bag and less black candy than bag .
Plot the bag's candies on the coordinate plane below.
Want to join the conversation?
- is it me or the last question very confusing but easy at the same time?(44 votes)
- ikr I missed the "times" I thought it was "more than"(16 votes)
- Who made all of these questions?(21 votes)
- Can't even think of how we have stayed inside for a full year.(12 votes)
- Buddy, how does this relate to math?(8 votes)
- I dont know what 2=2 equals help plz(9 votes)
- its just 2. 2=2 is like devided(6 votes)
- i did not see the younger part!then they explained it then i got it ! how is everyone ?(3 votes)
- Can you be more clear so I can help you? I am good, by the way.(11 votes)
- This quiz is nice because it also shows some examples of how coordinate planes can be used in real life :)
Also, it is teaching more ways to do it but in a fun way!!(8 votes)
- The 3rd question feels like a trick but it isnt. halp mae(7 votes)
- uh i did it all but it wont load(8 votes)
- This website is helpful for me(6 votes)
- no your not,nobody is perfect(6 votes)