Review the powers of 10 and try some practice problems.
Summary of powers of
How do we evaluate powers of
To evaluate a power of
, we multiply the base by itself the exponent amount of times.
The number of zeros in the solution always matches the exponent.
Want to learn more about powers of ten? Check out this video.
Which of the following is equivalent to
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- how do you make a power of ten?(18 votes)
- It is simple a power of ten is just how many zeros it has for example 10^6 (Ten the power of 6) would have 6 zeros like this 1,000,000 which is One million. So to sum up 10^6= 1,000,000. Easy if you really think about it(57 votes)
- Khan Academy you had taught me so much so i want to keep getting better in math and more things,thank you khan Academy.(38 votes)
- why is powers of ten so easy?(23 votes)
- When you divide a negative by a negative, would it be a positive or a negative?(13 votes)
- It would be positive. Just like in multiplication, if they're both positive or negative, it will be positive. If both numbers are different (in terms of being positive/negative) then the resulting quotient should be negative, assuming you did the math right!(8 votes)
- This was pretty easy basically I would look at the exponents, (EX : 10^4) then I would see which has 4 zeros (If this helped I hope you can up vote :D) (Its okay if now)(14 votes)
- What I do is I just count how many zeros there is in a number ex. 100,000, since there is five zeroes this number is 10 to the power of 5. I hope you found this helpful!(14 votes)
- why is this so easy! this is so easy I bet my younger sib would get this in a heart beat! why is this so easy!? we should be learning something harder!(8 votes)
- How is your day(9 votes)