Sal converts 0.36 to a fraction. Created by Sal Khan.
Want to join the conversation?
- what if it is a problem like 45.93(12 votes)
- 45 is a whole number so we put it aside. Think about .93, if you watched the video then it is obviously 93/100. Now, we join the whole number together with the decimal number which thus becomes: 45 93/100 (locate the whole number left to the fraction)(11 votes)
- how do i do 7/13(8 votes)
- To convert fraction into decimals use a calculator. It is for many people to hard to figure out that 1/13 equals 0.0769... and multiply that by 7 to get roughly 0.54...(11 votes)
- What's is 1/12 as a decimal(8 votes)
- Express 0.630.630 as a fraction how do I do that?(5 votes)
- Hi what is 13/25 as a decimal(5 votes)
- To solve this we must figure out how many times 25 can go into 13.
13 divided by 25
25 can't go into 13, so we add a 0.
25 can't go into 130, so we add another 0.
25 can go into 13000 52 times, so we found out answer.
Before we jump for joy we need to remember that we added 2 zeros after the decimal point, so we need to now divide our answer by 10 twice (aka move the decimal point twice to the left). This gives us our final answer of 0.52.
Happy learning! ;-)(3 votes)
- Where is the ones place then?(1 vote)
- how do u get into it like practice i already understand the video answer plsss thxs :)(4 votes)
Let's see if we can write 0.36 as a fraction. There are several ways of doing it. The way I like to do it is to say, well, 0.36, this is the same thing as 36 hundredths. Or one way to think about it is this is in the hundredths place. This is in the tens place, or you could view this as 30 hundredths. You could view this as 3 tens, or 30 hundredths. So we could say that this is the same thing as 36 hundredths, or this is equal to 36/100. And we've already expressed it as a fraction, but now we could actually simplify it because both 36 and 100 have some common factors. They're both divisible by, well, looks like they're both divisible by 4. So if we could divide the numerator by 4 and the denominator by 4, we're doing the same thing to both. So we're not changing the value of the fraction. 36 divided by 4 is 9, and then 100 divided by 4 is 25. And now these two characters don't seem to share any other common factors. And so we've written it in simplified form, and we're done.