Review writing whole numbers in written form, and try some practice problems.
Written form is a way to write numbers using only words.
in expanded form.
Want to learn more about written form? Check out this video.
What is "fifty thousand, six hundred thirty-one" in standard form?
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- I love Khan academy It helps me learn more(64 votes)
- vote for me if you like games(57 votes)
- Why can't everything be in standard form (not that I don't like expanded form)?(39 votes)
- this is easy as putting on the tv(20 votes)
- why do we need to watch the videos when we know what to do?(29 votes)
- any one like khan academy if not up vote(18 votes)
- how are we gonna make it to the end?(16 votes)
- thi doesn't feel like 6th grade(13 votes)
- what are energy points for?(10 votes)
- why do we have to practice(11 votes)
- It isn't practical to write out large numbers in words most of the time. It's more of understanding how all numbers can be written as their digits multiplied by their respective power of 10. If you ever write a check though, you will need to write the amount of money in words.(7 votes)