Review what an angle is and how an angle is measured.
What is an angle?
An angle is two rays that share a .
Intersecting lines or line segments also form angles.
Practice: Identifying an angle
Which of the following figures is an angle?
Angles are measured in degrees.
The wider an angle is open, the greater its measure. If you compare these two angles, the first one is open wider.
So, the measure of this angle
is greater than the measure of this angle.
Practice set: Which angle is greater?
Which angle measure is greater?
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- What is a Vertex?(66 votes)
- So, do angles relate to shapes like squares and circles?(28 votes)
- why is B used more than A in these questions?(21 votes)
- At11:00how do I practice to get better at noticing angles, can khan academy help me with that(18 votes)
- why are angels measured in degress(18 votes)
- the babylonians (an ancient civilization, like Greeks) invented the 360 degree value which is the maximum an angle can be (which is a complete circle and after that, it kinda repeats on itself and the value of the angle gets even bigger). It's based on their base 60 counting (/number) system. There also exist other ways like radian ( angles are measured in pi) and tau (basically, "2*radians" tau = 2pi.)(6 votes)
- how do you measure an angle(14 votes)
- super easy and fun once you get to know it!(15 votes)
- what is a plane figure(13 votes)
- why are you not showing if it is a right angle or something like that?(15 votes)