Review the basics of parallel and perpendicular lines. Identify and draw parallel and perpendicular lines in some practice problems.
Want to learn more about parallel and perpendicular lines? Check out this video.
Practice set 1: Identify parallel and perpendicular lines
Which of the following pairs of sides in
Practice set 2: Draw parallel and perpendicular lines
Any pair of points can be connected by a line.
Use the green line to connect the pair of black points that makes a line parallel to the blue line segment.
Want to join the conversation?
- Quick question how do you prove that lines are parallel? I can't seem to find that on here and i really need to know!(193 votes)
- I am having trouble remember these. Anyone have any tips to help me remember?
Edit : Case Closed. But thank you Taylyn for answering my question! Everyone have a nice day.(39 votes)
- Yes. In the word Parallel, the double L's are side by side, and if going on in a straight line, would never touch. So, the double L's in Parallel are, well, parallel. Use those as an example to help you remember what parallel means.(62 votes)
- Are perpendicular any kind of lines that intersect each other? I've got to know this!(24 votes)
- Does a perpendicular line ALWAYS have to be 90 degrees? Just a Question(15 votes)
- does perpendicular line have to be the exactly 90 degrees?(9 votes)
- Why does the human brain have to know what geometry is?(10 votes)
- So it can identify shapes and measure things. It also helps make the human brain grow.
Hope this helps :D(17 votes)
- What happens if a Parallel line goes through a regular line so that make it perpendicular so what is that.(13 votes)
- If the parallel line goes through the line, the lines will not be parallel anymore, so they will only be perpendicular if they meet at a right angle.(10 votes)
- Parallel Lines is two lines thats are the same lines together. (Cant make a picture of it but you can look it up) Notice there's two lines that are crossed? That's Perpendicular! Perpendicular Lines are two Lines that do cross(9 votes)
- Gotta keep ur headup gotta stay strong something aint right but u knowthat were bettertogether say what they want ill be there for u(9 votes)