Sal shows how to add two numbers to make 10. He uses 3 + ___ = 10 and 6 + ___ = 10 as examples.
Want to join the conversation?
- how ways can you make 5?(2 votes)
- If you count decimals and fractions, then there are INFINITE ways to make the number 5.
If you are only ADDING whole numbers (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc....), then there are 3 ways.
Through multiplication, there is ONE way to make 5 with whole numbers only.
If you are trying to make 5 through subtraction/division, there are INFINITE ways.
0 + 5 = 5
1 + 4 = 5
2 + 3 = 5
10 - 5 = 5
8 - 3 = 5
21 - 16 = 5
5 * 1 = 5
This is the only way to make 5 with multiplication of whole numbers only.
If you use decimals/fractions in multiplication, then there are infinite ways to make 5.
Such as: 2.5 * 2 = 5
Also, you can get to 5 by multiplying -1 by -5, but this uses negative numbers.
35 / 7 = 5
20 / 4 = 5
10 / 2 = 5
Basically, there are limited ways if you only use whole numbers to get to 5 with addition and multiplication, but there are infinite ways using all numbers and methods in general, and infinite ways using decimals/fractions/whole numbers with subtraction and division.(2 votes)
- is multiplication with fractions easy?(2 votes)
- Depends on the fractions being multiplied, really. Multiplication with fractions can be thought of one multiplication problem stacked on top of another, so it's double the work of a multiplication problem involving integers. There's no difference between fractional multiplication and regular multiplication, so I suppose you could say it's easy, but that's subjective and could vary with the person. Hope I cleared that up for you :)(5 votes)
- can you make it a little more challenging(3 votes)
- how can you multiply a negative number tho(3 votes)
- When you multiple two positive numbers you get a positive number. When you multiply two negative numbers you also get a positive number. When you multiply a negative and a positive number you get a negative. It has to do with how they travel on the number line(3 votes)
- what is five -6=?(1 vote)
- i am not getting it and i aredy watch this video(2 votes)
- Then try to want h it again and it that doesn't work do one of the problems and use the hints and if that doesn't help get back to me and illnesses it to you(2 votes)
- what comes after trillions?? please help!!(2 votes)
- adding and subtracting negative and positive numbers(2 votes)
- [Voiceover] We have three plus blank is equal to 10. So pause the video and try to figure out what the blank is. What do I have to add to three to get to 10? So you've had a go at it. Now let's see if we can do this together. So over here, I have three of these, I guess you could say purple, these purple pinkish circles and I have 10 boxes. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. So one way to think about it is, how many more circles do I need to add to fill up all of the boxes? Well, let's just count that together. I need to add one, two, three, four, five, six, seven to fill up all 10 boxes. So three plus what is equal 10? Well, three plus one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. is equal to 10. Let's do one more of these. So now I have six plus blank is equal to 10. So again, try to pause the video and see if you can figure out what the blank is. What do I need to add to six to get to 10? Let's do it together. So we now have one, two, three, four, five, six circles. We have 10 boxes here. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. So we just have to think about how many more circles do we need to fill up all the boxes to get to 10 because we already have six filled in. Well, we need one, two, three, four to get to 10. So let's just fill that in. Six plus four is equal to 10, or we could say even that four plus six is equal to 10, either way.