- Negative numbers: multiplication and division FAQ
- Multiplying positive & negative numbers
- Signs of expressions
- Multiplying negative numbers
- Dividing positive and negative numbers
- Dividing negative numbers
- Why a negative times a negative is a positive
- Why a negative times a negative makes sense
- One-step equations with negatives (multiply & divide)
- Multiplying negative numbers review
- Dividing negative numbers review
Dividing negative numbers review
Review the basic of dividing negative numbers and try some practice problems.
Want to learn more about dividing negative numbers? Check out this video.
Want to try some more dividing negative numbers problems? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- when a negative divides a negative, is the answer negative or positive?(54 votes)
- positive because negative times a negative is = positive and negative divided by a negative = positive(28 votes)
- If you multiply a negative,a positive and a zero is it going to be zero still?(4 votes)
- Yes. Any value times 0 will equal 0.
This is the multiplication property of 0.(14 votes)
- what is 0 divided by 0?(8 votes)
- Good question! Note that 0/0 is the answer to the question “what number times 0 is 0?” Any number times 0 is always 0, so 0/0 can be anything! For this reason, 0/0 is called indeterminate.
If you take calculus later on, you will encounter 0/0 frequently when solving limit problems. This means that the result is inconclusive, so more work is required to calculate the value of the limit or determine that the limit doesn’t exist.
Have a blessed, wonderful day!(5 votes)
- why cant 0 be dived by 0 wouldnt be 0?(4 votes)
- you guys DjNovaBoo is partially correct the answer would be an error or infinity(1 vote)
- Anything specific or just confused in general?(2 votes)
- This is basically the same as multiplication. Two same signs equal a positive. Two different signs equal a negative. signs are these (-) (+) or (negative) (positive)(6 votes)
- this is to easy(3 votes)
- if it's is easy then ask your teacher to get in a higher grade level math(5 votes)
- I really need to engage in class more(5 votes)
- math is anoying(4 votes)