- Negative numbers: multiplication and division FAQ
- Multiplying positive & negative numbers
- Signs of expressions
- Multiplying negative numbers
- Dividing positive and negative numbers
- Dividing negative numbers
- Why a negative times a negative is a positive
- Why a negative times a negative makes sense
- One-step equations with negatives (multiply & divide)
- Multiplying negative numbers review
- Dividing negative numbers review
Dividing negative numbers review
Review the basic of dividing negative numbers and try some practice problems.
Want to learn more about dividing negative numbers? Check out this video.
Want to try some more dividing negative numbers problems? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- when a negative divides a negative, is the answer negative or positive?(56 votes)
- positive because negative times a negative is = positive and negative divided by a negative = positive(28 votes)
- If you multiply a negative,a positive and a zero is it going to be zero still?(3 votes)
- Yes. Any value times 0 will equal 0.
This is the multiplication property of 0.(12 votes)
- what is 0 divided by 0?(6 votes)
- Good question! Note that 0/0 is the answer to the question “what number times 0 is 0?” Any number times 0 is always 0, so 0/0 can be anything! For this reason, 0/0 is called indeterminate.
If you take calculus later on, you will encounter 0/0 frequently when solving limit problems. This means that the result is inconclusive, so more work is required to calculate the value of the limit or determine that the limit doesn’t exist.
Have a blessed, wonderful day!(3 votes)
- why cant 0 be dived by 0 wouldnt be 0?(2 votes)
- cause 0 cant be divided by itself, its like a rule. in the history of numbers, 0 is a new number comparated by the others numbers existents like 1,2,3,4,5[...], the creators of this numbers in diferents places in the world made rules to accepted the 0 like a number ,you can divide 0 only if they have a number like : 10,20,500, 1250, but not divide 0 by 0(6 votes)
- Anything specific or just confused in general?(1 vote)
- how do I multiply and divide powers integer exponents(3 votes)
- whenimechainthesuma(3 votes)
- you found my wifi pasword(0 votes)
- why is a decimal negative times a negative decimal zero?(1 vote)
- Can you please give an example?
The only way that you can multiply and get an answer of 0 is if one of the 2 numbers is 0. But, that is not what you are describing. So, please provide an example to clarify your questions.(3 votes)
- Can you use roman numerals for negative numbers?(0 votes)
- After a quick internet search, I don't think that the Romans had symbols for negative numbers.(9 votes)