- Negative numbers: multiplication and division FAQ
- Multiplying positive & negative numbers
- Signs of expressions
- Multiplying negative numbers
- Dividing positive and negative numbers
- Dividing negative numbers
- Why a negative times a negative is a positive
- Why a negative times a negative makes sense
- One-step equations with negatives (multiply & divide)
- Multiplying negative numbers review
- Dividing negative numbers review
Multiplying negative numbers review
Review the basic of multiplying negative numbers and try some practice problems.
Want to learn more about multiplying negative numbers? Check out this video.
Want to know why multiplying two negative numbers equals a positive number? Check out this video.
Want to try some more multiplying negative numbers problems? Check out this exercise.
Want to join the conversation?
- Why are multiplying and dividing negatives the same?(64 votes)
- Multiplying and dividing negatives are the same because there is no difference between those sides of zero except the side of zero. So, when you multiply or divide negatives, you are basically multiplying positives with minus signs behind them. Don't forget that the product of 2 negative numbers is always a positive.(2 votes)
- easy lemon squishy vote for me if you agree if you dont now how press the upvote button(41 votes)
- why do people use . ( dot symbol) instead of x. if x is used common in algebra why did they put x in multiplication?(14 votes)
- X is a simpler way of teaching kids. Little kids might think they’re smarter than they really are and think that it’s a decimal point. As you get older, you realize the difference between this sign and a decimal point. Hope this helped!(9 votes)
- am i the only chinese people on this website(13 votes)
- Bad grammar though, it's suppose to be "Am I the only Chinese on this website?"The answer is no, I am also a Chinese.(3 votes)
- yay, math, definately fun.(11 votes)
- Why does the negative cancel out in neg / neg and neg * neg?(10 votes)
- Because you are adding to it's self making a positive, with integers you always do the inverse operation well let me not say always for certain operations.(3 votes)
- Hey guys. Is a positive+Positive+Negative and Negative or Positive?(6 votes)
- Depends. if positive + positive is more than the negative it positive ex. 6+4+-5=5 if positive + positive is less than the negative the answer is negative ex. 5+4+-10=-1.(7 votes)
- vote for me if this s easy peasy lemon squeezy
hint: press upvote(8 votes)
- Why is it hard to remember is the signs will be negative(0 votes)
- I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, but if you're asking how to remember if an answer to a question will have a negative sign or not, just look at the table at the top of this review again. As a refresher:
positive x positive = always positive
negative x negative = always positive
positive x negative = always negative
negative x positive = always positive
And the same is always true when you're dividing too. Hope this helps.(15 votes)
- why is negative x negative = positive
i am confusing about it.(4 votes)
- if you remove a negative then you have a positive.(1 vote)