Finding height of a parallelogram
Sal finds the height of a parallelogram when given the area and base length.
Want to join the conversation?
- What app are you using to draw and solve this equation(5 votes)
- He is using SmoothDraw 3 application and uses Wacom Bamboo Tablet (a device like a mouse that u can use to write. It's like writing on paper) to write in the application(15 votes)
- This is soooooo boring maybe if there is some no math and more games like coolmathgames(10 votes)
- Cool Math Games isn't really math. It is just games. The math involved in the game is extremely limited.(0 votes)
- Im not so sure about that. life is a nightmare(6 votes)
- the height to the first point is actually 5...i think it is at least.......................................(6 votes)
- What do you call a very attractive and eddible dog
A hat dog(5 votes)
- rfvnjuvbfjvberbvhfadbudvrhbdsfbvnsbjdbvrenjhbundjuvbsiuebjdcrimdsicndfvoisndcmdsmxicmdisxmcidsixcmidmcimsicmdismixcmdimiimmimimabotnjrwnaudnvjrsjindvjnjandjvnjoasnocvndsim a botnscrubsjkcv(4 votes)
- do u guys watch attack on titan?(3 votes)
- yessir i finished the first season in a day(1 vote)
- [Instructor] The parallelogram shown below has an area of 24 unit squares, square units. Find the missing height. Here's the parallelogram. This side has length six. This side has length five. We want to find the missing height and they gave us the area. So pause this video and see if you can figure it out on your own. The key to solving this is to realize how the area relates to a base and a height. An area of a parallelogram, area of a parallelogram is going to be equal to the base times the height. Now what's the base in this scenario? You could do this length right over here as the base. Which is also going to be the same as that length. In a parallelogram opposite sides have the same length. The parallel sides have the same length. So this is going to be six. Our base is going to be six. Our height is what we want to figure out. I will just write this as the h that we're trying to figure out. We know the area. The area is 24 square units. There we go. We have 24 is equal to six. Is equal to six times the height. Six times what is equal to 24? Six times four is equal to 24. We know that h is going to be equal to four units. H is equal to four units.