Frequently asked questions about measurement.
What is mass?
Mass is the amount of matter in an object. We usually measure it in grams or kilograms .
What is volume?
Volume is the amount of space an object takes up. We can measure it in units like milliliters or liters .
What is the difference between milliliters and liters?
Milliliters are smaller than liters. There are milliliter in liter.
A single raindrop contains about milliliter of liquid:
This bottle contains about liter of liquid:
What is the difference between grams and kilograms?
Grams are smaller than kilograms. There are grams in kilogram.
A small paperclip has a mass of about gram:
A wooden baseball bat has a mass of about kilogram:
What's the difference between mass and weight?
Mass is the amount of matter in an object, while weight is the force an object exerts on a scale due to gravity. While mass stays the same no matter where we are, weight can change depending on the strength of gravity. For example, we would weigh less on the moon because the moon's gravity is weaker than Earth's.
Want to join the conversation?
- what is the fomula for mearsuring mass ?(15 votes)
- why can weight change depending on gravity?(9 votes)
- Your weight depends on the gravitational pull of the planet. So higher the gravity higher your weight. If an astronaut travels from Earth to Mars, his mass isn’t going to change but his weight will because the mass of her body remains the same but gravity changes as a result weight changes. Anyway good question(9 votes)
- How much weight is on Earth?(8 votes)
- Why did you make khan Academy(7 votes)
- how can you convert milliliters to liters?(3 votes)
- Is one litre equal to a thousand mililiters?(4 votes)
- i got a question if every bottle carrys 1 millimeter what happens if I increase the size of bottle with it still stay at 1 millimeter?(4 votes)