Time word problem: puzzle
Lindsay finds out how long it took to solve a puzzle when given the start and finish time. Created by Lindsay Spears.
Want to join the conversation?
- Ask me anything!(6 votes)
- why am i still here.(4 votes)
- I don’t like this woman I think I want Sal back.(5 votes)
- ?what is the purpose of life?(4 votes)
- where is sal(4 votes)
- hi nice friends(4 votes)
- Can you do other stratedies?(3 votes)
- i dont know :3.(1 vote)
- i don't understand(3 votes)
- i am in 5th grade watching this(2 votes)
- Why am i on this app(2 votes)
- cuz you are not smart!(0 votes)
- What's your favorite food?(1 vote)
- i like the food kind(1 vote)
- [Voiceover] Amelia started a puzzle at 12:56 pm and solved it at 1:33 pm. How long did it take Amelia to solve the puzzle? So we can see she started at 12:56 pm and ended at 1:33 pm. These are both pm and we'll assume on the same day, so that means it didn't take all the way from morning to night. They're both afternoon. So she started at 12:56 and we want to know how long it takes to get to 1:33 when she finished the puzzle. Well, from 12:56 to 1:00 pm, we can figure out how long that is. That's only four minutes, there's only four minutes between 12:56 and 1:00, and then to get from 1:00 all the way to 1:33 pm, is another 33 minutes, so Amelia worked for four minutes, plus another 33 minutes after one o'clock. She worked for four minutes before 1:00, 33 minutes after one, so she worked for a total of 37 minutes on her puzzle before solving it.