Early math review
Review the term polygon and name polygons with up to 8 sides. Then, try some practice problems.
What is a polygon?
A polygon is a closed figure with at least straight sides.
Practice set 1
Is the following figure a polygon?
Want to learn more about recognizing shapes? Check out this video.
Polygons can be named by their number of sides.
|Number of sides||Name|
Practice set 2
Which of these shapes are quadrilaterals?
Want to try more problems like this? Check out this exercise
Want to join the conversation?
- I have learned about Geometry basic here, then I want to curious how many polygons or shape in the world at all ? only till to 8 (Octagon) or is there more polygons ?(53 votes)
- There are many more! 9 sides? Nonagon, 10 sides? Decagon. And so on and so on until there are so many sides you could hardly tell the difference between them and circles.(55 votes)
- What is a 24-sided shape called?(23 votes)
- A icositetragon
An icosogon is 20 sides, and tetra means 4.
Put them together and you get 24(34 votes)
- What's a polygon(16 votes)
- A polygon is made of any three straight sides with the lines all connected to each other, as well as not overlapping and meeting at the ends of the lines.(17 votes)
- What is the difference Between a Circle, Ellipse And an oval .(9 votes)
- The difference is; with a circle the diameter IS THE SAME all the way around, but with a ellipse the diameter CAN CHANGE as you go around, so a circle is a ellipse but an ellipse is not always a circle. Hope this helps!(26 votes)
- What are the names for the polygons above octagon?(12 votes)
- what would be a 20 side shape be called(12 votes)
- A 20-sided shape is known as an icosahedron.(12 votes)
- why does every shape have gon at the end, like hexagon or a pentagon ect.(12 votes)
- -Gon is a suffix for a shape that has a specific number of angles.(14 votes)
- What is a 30 sided shape called ?(13 votes)
- Thank you, I never knew that a 30 sided shape was called a triacontagon.(4 votes)
- Does anyone else just scroll through the comments(15 votes)
- I love geometry (especially shapes!)(13 votes)