High school geometry
- Intro to triangle similarity
- Triangle similarity postulates/criteria
- Angle-angle triangle similarity criterion
- Determine similar triangles: Angles
- Determine similar triangles: SSS
- Determining similar triangles
- Prove triangle similarity
- Triangle similarity review
Review the triangle similarity criteria and use them to determine similar triangles.
What are the triangle similarity criteria?
|AA||Two pairs of corresponding angles are equal|
|SSS||Three pairs of corresponding sides are proportional|
|SAS||Two pairs of corresponding sides are proportional and the corresponding angles between them are equal|
Want to learn more about the triangle similarity criteria? Check out this video.
Want to join the conversation?
- i dont get most of this stuff(19 votes)
- Try to practice upon it and you might get it, or just use khan academy's practice a lot. Hope it helps(17 votes)
- How can you tell the difference between SAS and SSA? (Assume you had a problem and had to chose if it was sim. because of SAS or SSA, how would you figure it out?)(10 votes)
- The videos im watching is not adding up to the working you guys are giving me. Im so lost.(9 votes)
- Yo, man. This is how we do da thing. Firstly, if the triangles have 2+ matching corresponding angles, then it is similar. If it has side lengths that can be divided by a number, say X, and then match the side lengths of your other triangle, then it is similar. If it has 2 matching corresponding(see last sentence) sides, and the angle between these is the same, then it is similar. -Beauregard42. If this helps you, your welcome.(5 votes)
- Define Equation(1 vote)
- An equation is a statement with an equals sign.
So 3 + 5 = 8 and 5x + 12 = (x / 4) + 3 are both equations,
but 24 * 9 and 3y ≥ x - 8 are not equations.(9 votes)
- What other triangle similarity criteria can be used?(1 vote)
- why does this make sense(5 votes)
- i don't get it sometimes(2 votes)
- I thought I thought I would need a calculator for quiz 1,
But I got a 100% Without even trying.
*And I never did this before!*(1 vote)