- The goal of Spout
- Parts list
- Tool list for Spout
- Tools and parts to build a Spout
- Connect the SPDT switches
- Attach the LED eyes
- Wire the SPDT switches
- Create the motor mounts
- Secure and wire the motors
- Install on/off switches
- Connect the LEDs to an on/off switch
- Attach Spout's antennae
- Add Spout's tail
- Give Spout some grippy feet
- Spout in a maze
Created by Karl Wendt.
Want to join the conversation?
- So the only purpose of the two bottle lids was to provide a platform on which to work with whilst assembling the spout bot?(3 votes)
- the bottle caps can be used as the whites of the eyes for spout too. You can melt a hole using the hot glue gun in the middle and slide it over you LEDs.(2 votes)
- I don't understand how the robot is able to detect an object in front of it and change its direction without even using a sensor?(2 votes)
- I wanna make this. Im just to young to do it yet. I am never aloud to use hot glue.(1 vote)
- by how much angle does the spout change its direction? Can it be controlled somehow?(1 vote)
- using a arduino uno you can control which way the mtors are spinning.
check out motor controller functions under the bit-zee bot section.(1 vote)
After the last video, if you paid a lot of attention to why Spout wasn't backing up, you realize that it was because there wasn't enough friction between the axle of the motor and the surface Spout was running on. So we're going to apply some electrical tape to the axles of the motors to increase the amount of friction between the motor and the surface of the table – so when Spout bumps into something, he's able to back up right away. So we should see an increase in both the speed of Spout’s movement and his ability to react to the environment around him. So let's see how much of a difference it's made. You can see he's frenetic now. He wants to get out really bad. He wants to go run and play. So it definitely has improved his ability to react to the environment around him, and react to the obstacles he faces, and improve the speed at which he moves.