Exploring the effect of a permanent magnet on compass. What is going on? Created by Brit Cruise.
Want to join the conversation?
- Is there something in the red ball on the end of the pin that makes it attract only to the N side of the magnet?(2 votes)
- It is just a pin, the red ball is just the non pointy side so when you're sticking the pin in cloth or something your thumb doesn't get sore.(1 vote)
- How can you know North and South when it's not marked(4 votes)
- why does this person not talk and just shows us things without explaining them and why.(1 vote)
- Only thing I'm sure is: this is the most peaceful corner of KA. And I love it.(5 votes)
- Would it be possible to make a generator out of magnets? creating unlimited power?(1 vote)
- There are people who post videos on the internet claiming they have made generators of unlimited power with magnets, they are all false, with Khan Academy you will soon learn why this is not possible.(3 votes)
- how does she do this? does she do it by doing something to the needle?(1 vote)
- The needle is magnetized the way it was in previous videos. The ends are lining up with the north and south faces of the magnet.(3 votes)
- Who was acting in this and where?(1 vote)
- If an airplane were to be made out of magnetic substances and the plane went near the Bermuda Triangle which is said to have a magnetic field or the magnetic north will the people in the plane feel a pull towards the two places(1 vote)
- I don't believe so because the force is acting on the plane and not the people inside. It's possible that the pilot steering might feel it harder to control the plane, but unlikely. The engines are too strong and the distance too great.(2 votes)