Pixar in a Box
- Start here!
- Introduction to subdivision surfaces
- 1. Split vs. average
- Interactive: Split and average
- 2. Subdivide operation
- 3. Subdividing your own designs
- Interactive: Build your own shape
- 4. Subdivision in 3D
- Interactive: Subdivision in 3D
- Subdivision in 3D
- Getting to know Alonso Martinez
Welcome to the Character Modeling topic!
Welcome to character modeling!
In this topic, we'll explore how clay models are transformed into digital characters using weighted averages.
This topic contains two lessons:
- Appropriate for all ages
- Design your own character using digital modeling tools.
- Appropriate for grades seven through high school
- Discover the equations used at Pixar to calculate subdivision surfaces.
Want to join the conversation?
- How did Pixar begin?(101 votes)
- Lucas Films made Pixar as the first animation computer of its power in fact toy story was the first animated movie of it's kind.(14 votes)
- is it fun making chararters?(8 votes)
- If you enjoy it yes, I enjoy it!(2 votes)
- how do u get them to look so 3D(7 votes)
- shading, computer programs, and skills that I don't have. you will learn how to do it later in Pixar in a box. just don't give up(9 votes)
- why do we need pixer(2 votes)
- Have you watched the movie toy story? If you have don't you see at the very first part it says PIXAR and also in the movie real people are not there (fiction) it's animated so basically PIXAR is a animation company they animate,create,model ect. so we need pixar or else would toy story movie be there?No so it is a animation company
Playnowida PS:please reply Kayla also it's pixar not pixer(6 votes)
- How did Pixar collaborated with Disney(4 votes)
- Disney bought Pixar Studios in 2006 for $7.4 billion(7 votes)
- will we make movies? probobly not right?(5 votes)
- That's it iv'e had it its not leveling up and you keep saying contact the help team what help team!(3 votes)
- Hello Funtimefreddy,
I can understand your frustrations with technical The Help Desk community is where you can post.
Here there is many that can help you on using Khan Academy etc.(4 votes)
- how can you get a job at pixar? Like what classes should you take to be able to do that.(2 votes)
- art, science,math and animation! you should be "good" at those to get in!(3 votes)
- don't ask "why?" but why not?(3 votes)
- how do you code? Coding is a new subject to me. Thank you for taking your time to help me code if you want you dont have to :}(2 votes)