Early math review
Getting to 10 by filling boxes
Sal shows how to add two numbers to make 10. He uses 3 + ___ = 10 and 6 + ___ = 10 as examples.
Want to join the conversation?
- how ways can you make 5?(23 votes)
- There are many ways for example:
- Basic facts of 10 will help
- what is five and five how many are dere(5 votes)
- how can you multiply a negative number tho(3 votes)
- When you multiple two positive numbers you get a positive number. When you multiply two negative numbers you also get a positive number. When you multiply a negative and a positive number you get a negative. It has to do with how they travel on the number line(5 votes)
- is multiplication with fractions easy?(2 votes)
- Depends on the fractions being multiplied, really. Multiplication with fractions can be thought of one multiplication problem stacked on top of another, so it's double the work of a multiplication problem involving integers. There's no difference between fractional multiplication and regular multiplication, so I suppose you could say it's easy, but that's subjective and could vary with the person. Hope I cleared that up for you :)(6 votes)
- can you make it a little more challenging(3 votes)
- Sure! Practice higher maths like 4th and 5th Grade for a real challenge(3 votes)
- what is five -6=?(2 votes)
- This might be to complexed for you but it is -1 or negative 1.(1 vote)
- what comes after trillions?? please help!!(3 votes)
- i am not getting it and i aredy watch this video(2 votes)
- Then try to want h it again and it that doesn't work do one of the problems and use the hints and if that doesn't help get back to me and illnesses it to you(2 votes)
- adding and subtracting negative and positive numbers(2 votes)
- yes it could be hard at times but you will get through it(1 vote)
- [Voiceover] We have three plus blank is equal to 10. So pause the video and try to figure out what the blank is. What do I have to add to three to get to 10? So you've had a go at it. Now let's see if we can do this together. So over here, I have three of these, I guess you could say purple, these purple pinkish circles and I have 10 boxes. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. So one way to think about it is, how many more circles do I need to add to fill up all of the boxes? Well, let's just count that together. I need to add one, two, three, four, five, six, seven to fill up all 10 boxes. So three plus what is equal 10? Well, three plus one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. is equal to 10. Let's do one more of these. So now I have six plus blank is equal to 10. So again, try to pause the video and see if you can figure out what the blank is. What do I need to add to six to get to 10? Let's do it together. So we now have one, two, three, four, five, six circles. We have 10 boxes here. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. So we just have to think about how many more circles do we need to fill up all the boxes to get to 10 because we already have six filled in. Well, we need one, two, three, four to get to 10. So let's just fill that in. Six plus four is equal to 10, or we could say even that four plus six is equal to 10, either way.