Your brain gets stronger when you exercise it—just like muscles get stronger when you exercise them.
Training your brain isn't always easy or comfortable. In fact, your brain uses up 20% of the oxygen and blood in your body because it works so hard.
Here are some examples of how your brain grows when you learn new things:
Learning math strengthens the parts of the brain that are linked to memory, thought, and action. Imagine that!
If you spend time learning new math skills, you can actually grow your brain so that skills unrelated to math improve as well.
Remember when you first learned how to add and subtract? You got faster and faster with more practice. That’s because your neurons were learning how to work with each other, and then your memory improved. But memory is useful for more than just math. That same part of your brain helps you remember basketball plays, dance routines, and even nice memories with your friends and family.
Practicing an instrument improves the visual, auditory, and motor sections of the brain. It also strengthens the bridge between the two halves of your brain, allowing messages to get across the brain more quickly!
Learning or practicing anything: - YES! ANYTHING! Learning and practicing helps strengthen and change our brains. Your brain is changing and creating new neural pathways when you struggle to learn something new. In other words, there’s a lot happening in your brain when you’re learning.
All learning can build new information pathways, but learning things that are challenging for you can supercharge your brain growth.
Want to join the conversation?
- Now, the real question is, if you time-travel to the future, and take that future's time machine to go back into that future's own past; are you technically in the future-past? Or the past future...?(95 votes)
- Based on your question, I think the real answer to that is, technically, there's no time machine available for you.(15 votes)
- How do neuons create electicedy(12 votes)
- No matter what you do, either, eating, sports, ect... You are generating electricity through your actions.(7 votes)
- my question is very simple; can we used our brain 100%.(12 votes)
- Yes! You actually already are using your brain %100. Even when you aren't thinking, your brain is telling your lungs to breathe, your heart to pump. So, yes!(2 votes)
- If I am unable to learn new things, then how will i increase my power skills.(5 votes)
- Why is our brain so wierd(7 votes)
- What parts of our brain are strengthened when learning to write? Not physically write of course, but in the literary sense.(7 votes)
- How are we supposed to wrap our minds around difficult alien paradoxes. (Compound Gene Modification Theory, The Ace of Mars Hypothesis, Fermi Paradox, etc.) The very basis upon which Western Thinking, is created with the idea that we are alone within our expansive universe.(4 votes)
- How can I increase my brain power in order to increase my judgement skills?(4 votes)
- Learn learn learn! And practice practice practice! Think think think! Soon you’ll find yourself coming to more sensible conclusions. And remember Sal Khan’s motto, you can learn anything.(2 votes)
- can I really learn anything
I want to get better at math
adding and subtracting(3 votes)